Friday, September 4, 2009

A Lifetime Together

Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal. Louis K. Anspacher

I came across this quote and thought it was great! Drew and I have found over the last almost 14 years, that we are very independent people. However, we are very dependant on one another. And, the obligation... well, that's a must from the beginning. Although we have had and will have ups and downs in our marriage, Drew is absolutely my very best friend. I would not want to spend this life on earth with anyone else. I am very independent, but... I can't imagine living life without depending on Drew. He is my soul mate. I know God created him just for me (bless his heart). And for that, I am forever grateful. He loves me on good days and he loves me on bad days. He loves me when all is well and he loves me when it feels like the world is tumbling down upon us. He is the best daddy any woman could want for her children. He is an amazingly Godly man that leads our family spiritually in everything he does. He is and will forever be the love of my life. I look forward to today, the rest of our days on this earth, and knowing that we will be in heaven together eternally.

Lord, thank you for creating marriage. Thank you for creating friendship. Thank you for creating Drew just for me and me for him. Thank you for our life together... even the tough days. Please help us to always keep you the center of our marriage. Help us to always respect each others independence, cherish each others dependence, and stay committed to the obligation.

I Corinthians 13 -- Love is patient, love is kind...

No comments:

Post a Comment