Sunday, September 20, 2009

a new beginning

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I love how God has a plan for us. A plan we can't even begin to imagine. I enjoyed looking through a photo album of some dear friends of ours trip to Ethiopia to pick up their two year old son Solomon. It brought back so many emotions. Emotions of joy, emotions of fear, emotions of sorrow. Joy for the new birth into the family, fear of all the unknowns, and sorrow for the loss that birth families will face every day, every year, as they long for Solomon's presence. I always knew and have told my children that God created them from the moment they started growing in their birth mothers' tummies just for me. I truly believe that, otherwise, why would God tells us He has a plan for us! I'm thankful for His plans, for the Hope and future He gives us...

Dear Lord, thank you for creating these three beautiful children and placing them in my hands. Thank you for adoption and for birth. Thank you for all the wonderful families who find it in their hearts to see your plan for them... through adoption. Thank you for the birth mothers who make such a sacrifice to bless so many children and families. Please bring them peace when they have times of sorrow. Please continue to bless my children with the understanding that the only plan You ever had for them was to be my children. Thank you, Lord, for having a plan for us and for giving us hope. Always.

1 comment:

  1. I just now discovered that you have a blog! I'll be following you from now on!
    And...this post made me tear up. Thank you for the inspiring words. :-)
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete