Tuesday, September 29, 2009

patience, easier said than done

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Ephesians 4:2

Patience, something I struggle to have on a daily basis. I was reminded today of just how patient God is with me. So, why is it so hard for me to patient with others? All I have to say today is...

Thank you Father. Thank You for Your willingness to be patient with me. Thank You for forgiving me when I fail You over, over, and over again. Please help me to have the strength to have the patience with my children and my husband the way You have patience with me. Help me to show my children to be "quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger" (James 1:19). Help me to be "slow to anger so that I may have great understanding" (Proverbs 14:29). And, Lord, help me to be patient with myself as I am working daily to serve You.

1 comment: