Thursday, September 17, 2009

the WOW factor

So have you ever thought about what Mary thought the first time she saw Jesus perform a miracle? Do you think she knew he had this gift prior to the wedding in John where He turned the water to wine? Talk about being "wowed". Could you imagine watching your son do such amazing things? Then, could you imagine watching your son being harassed, tortured, beaten, spat upon, etc.? Could you imagine watching these things and knowing that this was God's plan for Him and stand back without interfering? Not me! After watching the Passion years ago, I gained a new respect for Mary. I had never thought of the suffering and sacrifice she went through during Jesus' persecution. It hurts me so much just to see Jacob stand on the sidelines with a broken arm or Amberlee crying because she fell and hurt her knee or Mason fussing because his belly hurts. What an amazing woman she was! What an example of praying for your children, teaching them God's way, and allowing Him to place His plan for them on their hearts... and letting go!

Lord, I pray You will give me the strength to give my children totally back to You. I know that You have only placed them in my hands for a short time to prepare them to come back to You. Please help me to love them and teach them to seek Your way and Your will for them. Help me to show them by my life how to put complete trust and faith in You. Forgive me and help them to forgive me for the mistakes I make daily. Please give me patience so that I can be a strong woman and mother, like Mary, for my children. Please Lord, help them to "walk in truth" always. Help them fight Satan... and always win.

I have no greater joy than to know my children walk in truth. III John v.4

1 comment:

  1. You're my new favorite blog. This is such an encouragement to me!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete