Sunday, August 30, 2009

Do you hear me? Do you trust me?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5,6

Do you hear me? Yes. Do you hear me? Yes. Do you trust me? Yes. This was a conversation between a father and son in the movie Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. What an amazing and humbling movie. A man that put all of his being on the line for his success as a broker. He took leaps of faith and chances that most would not take. He took his son along a very challenging path to be able to provide him complete "happiness" in his life. The awesome thing, his son always had complete trust in him... no matter the circumstances.

What an example we should take into our spiritual journey in life. We should have complete trust in our father. No matter where our path leads us, he will always provide a way. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths." What more has to be said...

Lord, please help me to have complete trust in you. Help me to be confident, never doubting, your guidance and paths you clear for me. Help me to remember the ultimate path I am on... the pursuit of "happiness"... eternal happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment