Wednesday, August 19, 2009

faith

Whatever comes of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our Faith. I John 5:4

About 18 months ago, I lost a nephew to Leukemia. He passed away on April 5, 2008 (on my birthday) at the age of 16 months. At 8 weeks of age, he was at his well baby check-up and they discovered he had Leukemia. Before Ben and Becky could turn around, they were being med-flighted to Memphis where they spent the next 14 months of their lives. It was such a surreal day. I flew (in my car) to Memphis and met Becky and Ethan at St. Jude Hospital. What an experience. I had never been there before and it is definitely not like any other hospital... it's a hospital full of very sick children.

This was a true test of faith for me. Why? How? However, through this I witnessed God using Ethan to save the souls of so many. In his short life here on earth, he brought more people to Christ then many of us will in a full lifetime. There are so many stories to tell and to share. I have more faith in God now because even though Ethan is sorely missed, I know that God had a purpose for Ethan's life... and He used it. Ethan is now at home with our Heavenly Father... he finished the race before we did, little stinker! I can't wait to be there with you Little e! I still BeLIeVe and love you with all my heart! I'm so glad that Mason Isaiah is blessed to have your name. I pray that he will impact as many lives for God as you did in your life here on this earth... and still today.

No comments:

Post a Comment