Sunday, August 16, 2009

Trust God With the Impossible

So, I'm not the most avid reader. Because of that, I'm not the best at being in the word daily. However, I know how desperately I need to be. So, I am challenging myself to be spiritually fed every day by God's word. Today, I began.

Psalm 9:10 -- Those who know your name will trust you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Just like other things in life, being a mother can get you so bogged down in worries. Why is it that I continue to make the attempt to take care of things on my own. God can handle it all, if I would only have the faith to give it all to Him and leave it there! Ha... easier said than done. I always want answers. And you know, He gives them to me through His word.

1) God gave me my children... He knows them better than I.
2) God always sees my children.
3) God loves my children more than I (that is hard to believe, but I know it's true).
4) God considers my children His own.
5) God knows and wants the very best for my children
6) God urges me to pray for my children.
7) God promises me He is listening and hears my words.
8) God provides me wisdom through the Holy Spirit.
9) God reminds me that hard times build strength and that He gives us strength and peace in any situation.
10) God tells me to lay my worries at His feet.

Dear Lord, I know that as a mother, You expect me to take care of the possible and to trust You with the impossible. I pray You will give me the strength to put my trust in You always and to leave my worries at Your feet. Please Lord... help me not pick them up again! Help me to show my children the ulitimate example of complete commitment to You and the blessing of peace that will come with total trust. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment