Monday, August 24, 2009

Words of Light...

Hooray! I'm so glad to be here... I couldn't log in for several days. So, here we go again =)

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God…" (Ephesians 4:29, 30)

So, is it just me or do others feel like some days are so overwhelming they forget to listen to God? I know He knows I want to do right and serve Him, but I so often just don't get it right. I know He knows that. And, I know that if I will take the time to stop and listen... He will lighten the load.

However, instead I let the overwhelming nature of being a mom, a wife, an aunt, a daughter, etc. take over me and I fail... I fail God daily. Instead of stopping in the moment of irritation and keeping my mouth closed, I speak harshly. Instead of stopping and praying, I speak of my irritations to others instead of God. God wants me to take them to Him, talk to Him about them. He will always give me the strength to do what I need to do as well as build others up with words of light, not darkness.

Dear Lord, please help me to be wise enough to stop and talk to you in all aspects of my life. Help me to speak words of light that will benefit myself and others and will lift You up. Help me to not get so overwhelmed in my day to day life that I forget the purpose of my existence on this earth... to serve You and teach others Your way. Help me to allow the Holy Spirit to dwell in me so that I may be righteous in Your sight in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment